Making this cot sized quilt top took me in a slightly different direction. For the first time I didn't match up the points on the "x" squares as they are supposed to be wonky!! To start with this seemed to go against all I had been struggling for since I started piecing and quilting, but I really enjoyed the freedom it gave me and my next project, with my yellows and greys is going to embrace this style, I can't wait!!
Tomorrow I will raid my stash for a suitable backing and get it all sandwiched up ready for quilting. I can't decide at the moment how to quilt it though. I'm tempted to do a free motion loopy pattern in a contrasting thread, but not sure yet.
I've also finished quilting and binding my Stacked Squares quilt, and as soon as the weather bucks up and I can get some decent photos I'll share it with you. I'm really happy with how it's turned out, the fabrics works well with the pattern and I've quilted it in a grey thread in straight lines one inch apart.
I'm looking forward to see what you think of it because I'm entering it our local quilters exhibition!!
Happy stitching ............. Jacky O